The following information has been provided by HM Government and NHS.
Invitation to register for coronavirus testing
You have been identified as a frontline worker, delivering vital services. Getting tested is important, so you can have clarity on whether you, or a family member, has the coronavirus and then you can either return to work or continue to isolate yourself and your household.
You are eligible for a test because:
• you have coronavirus symptoms – a new continuous cough or high temperature and are following government guidelines on self-isolating; or
• a member of your household has coronavirus symptoms meaning you are self-isolating in line with government guidelines
The test will take place at one of our Regional Test Sites. The sites operate a drive-through model, meaning you or a member of your household must drive to the site. We regret that we cannot test people who arrive on foot, take public transport or a taxi.
Please complete your registration by emailing your name, telephone and organisation of work to NCTP@hscni.net. Someone will contact you then to book an appointment at either of the three test centres in NI
• SSE test centre, Odyssey Car park, Belfast BT3 9QQ
• Derry Rugby test centre, Judges Rd, Londonderry, BT47 6LN
• Craigavon MOT centre, Craigavon, BT63 5RY
Who from your household takes this test?
You are a frontline worker who is self-isolating because you are displaying symptoms, meaning you are eligible to take this test.
You are a frontline worker who is self-isolating because someone else in your household is displaying symptoms, and that person is over the age of 18, then they are eligible to take the test.
You are a frontline worker who is self-isolating because an under 18-year-old in your household is displaying symptoms then they are eligible to take the test. A parent or guardian must perform the swab test on 5-11-year olds. 12-18-year olds can perform the test on themselves. The test is unsuitable for under-fives. This test would still take place at a Regional Test Site.
Receiving your results
You will receive your results by email within 72 hours of taking the test. Please ensure you enter the correct contact details when you register.
When you arrive at the Regional Test Site
Location details will be sent to you in your confirmation email. You must present your employer-issued staff ID on arrival along with the confirmation email.
Test Sites are usually open 1000 – 1600. This helpful video shows you what to expect at a drive-thru test site.
Instructions when you visit a Regional Test Centre
To avoid risk of cross-contamination, our centre is a drive-through. You must arrive by car (not on foot, via public transport, by taxi or by any other means). Only people from your household may be in the car with you.
• Do not exit the car at any point whilst on site.
• Please note, bathroom facilities will not be available.
• When you arrive at the main gate DO NOT lower your windows.
• Once you are on site, we will use the car registration that you have provided to identify you. This is how you gain access to the site.
• Please press your employer-issued staff ID against the window for site security to see.
• You will be directed to a testing lane, where a member of our trained National Testing Team will instruct you to lower your window to carry out a coronavirus test.
• Please note that your test will be self-administered – you will be directed by a member of staff on site.
• You will then be instructed to follow the link on your phone which will enable you to scan your test kit’s barcode.
• Your results will then be sent back to your email within 72 hours.
When you are at the test station please:
• Park with your handbrake on
• Turn your engine off
• Turn your radio off
• Have your phone ready for after your test, to scan the barcode of the test kit